Take 15 projects, 40 developers, 30 pizzas plus 20 NERF guns and what do you get? A whole lot of creativity and innovation, that’s what!
LeaseWeb’s first “ShipIT Days” event brought talented employees together for thirty hours of building new features, redesigning applications, getting rid of things that annoyed us and lots of fun! Starting on Thursday 23 April at 10am, many of our developers along with operation- and network engineers worked together day and night to build amazing things. Completed projects included:
- Two-factor authentication with a time-based token (TOTP)
- Network automation with SNMPv3
- Network authentication with our OAuth2 service
- New JIRA plugin (internal development tool)
- ‘Is my manager in his office’-monitor (an internal tool using motion detection to show if your manager is in his office)
Some of these projects will be turned into features that go into production. Keep an eye our blog and Developer Portal for updates.
The first ShipIT Days event was a big success which stimulated creativity and innovation so we plan to have one every quarter in the future.
By the way, are you interested in joining our team? Visit OCOM Careers to see which positions are available. Want to know what it’s like to work at LeaseWeb? Your future colleagues share their experience in this video: